On February 2nd, 2017, at its monthly chapter meeting, held at École Argyle Secondary, the CPF North Vancouver chapter raised a toast to its successes over the past year, and looked forward to upcoming events in its 2016-2017 calendar:
- February 17, 2017: “French Immersion Survival Night” at École Cleveland
- February 17, 2017: French Film Night at École Dorothy Lynas
- February 23, 2017: French Film Festival at Esplanade Cinemas
- March 2, 2017: “Staying in French” information evening at École Ross Road
- April 11 & 12, 2017: District Concours d’art oratoire competition at NVSD’s Education Services Centre
Details about all of these events to follow!
Merci, CPF British Columbia & Yukon Branch!
Each February, CPF BC & Yukon reimburses chapters up to $100 for appreciation activities hosted for its volunteers. This year, CPF North Vancouver used this thoughtful bursary to purchase delicious French pastries from the renowned Thierry Patisserie including macarons, madeleines & financiers. These tasty and beautiful creations, along with some non-alchoholic bubbly, were enjoyed by our deserving volunteer chapter reps who commit many hours of their own time organizing events in North Vancouver and sharing info about CPF and French-language learning. Bravo, CPF North Vancouver!
About French Immersion Celebration Week
To celebrate its volunteers and the successes of French Immersion in BC & Yukon, Canadian Parents for French BC & Yukon announced that the week of January 30 – February 5, 2017, is officially recognized as French Immersion Celebration Week by both the Government of British Columbia and the Government of Yukon. During this week (and month!) of celebration, CPF members organize events across the province to celebrate and share their achievements in French Immersion programs.
French Immersion Celebration Week links:
- Government of British Columbia News Release, French Immersion Celebration Week 2017
- Canadian Parents for French BC & Yukon’s French Immersion Celebration Week
- Ways to support French language education in British Columbia
- Become a CPF Member
- To get involved with CPF North Vancouver, send us a message, we’d love to hear from you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org