Renew your membership! Ask others to join!
Remember 80% of your membership fee goes right back to our local chapter, CPF North Vancouver! That means more fun events in schools, more resources for parents, teachers and students, and more extra-curricular activities in French for our kids!
Why join CPF?
The CPF North Vancouver Chapter is part of Canadian Parents for French BC & Yukon which is a non-profit organization that has worked since 1978 to provide French Second Language learning opportunities for youth, support for parents, and advocacy for quality French programs in BC & Yukon schools. Canadian Parents for French is the nationwide, research-informed volunteer network comprised of 10 branches, 150 local chapters, and over 23,000 members. Its members are parents, graduates, educators, schools, libraries, organizations, and committed citizens who believe in the value of bilingualism.
In 2014-15 there were 50,300 French Second Language students in BC and the Yukon; and in 2015-16 there were just over 53,000—an increase of over 2000 students! Parents and kids want French as part of their education, and CPF is a critical part of ensuring this happens. The vitality that CPF Chapters bring to their communities enriches the French learning experience at every level. With a growing membership, the opportunities grow!
As a CPF member you are taking an active part in the educational and personal growth of your children and your community. Canada’s two Official Languages are stronger because of your support.
CPF Membership Benefits
- Learn how to support your children as they learn French, even if you don’t speak French
- Find French educational resources, and research on second language learning
- Create social opportunities for your children to experience and use their French
- Information about youth exchanges, bursaries, and work experience
- Socialize and share experiences with parents of similar interests and needs
- Members-only benefits including: camps, provincial and national conferences, discounts,
and access to the members-only section of the CPF website
- Have a voice in decisions about French Second Language education and programs in our schools
- Preserve and grow quality FSL education in our schools
A downloadable/printable Membership form is also available here
Why should your school, district or organization join as an Associate Member (AMO)?
It is mandatory that schools and districts be members in order to send school & district winners of the the District & Provincial Concours d’art oratoire competitions. Associate members receive provincial and national newsletters and mailings to keep school staff and volunteers up-to-date on French Second Language education in BC, Yukon and across Canada. Associate members will be able to attend CPF conferences at member rates and will have access to the latest research in the members-only section of the CPF national website. Most importantly, though, membership demonstrates that schools, districts and organizations endorse the goals and activities of CPF.
Still need convincing? More info:
Top 10 Reasons to join Canadian Parents for French
Membership Benefits Flyer (CPF National)
Brochure/Membership Form (CPF BC & Yukon)
French Summer Camps & CPF Membership
Did you know that CPF Membership is required to attend BC Family French Camp (BCFFC) and other summer camps operated in partnership with, or supported by CPF BC & Yukon? Another great reason to take out a CPF Membership! BCFFC is very popular with North Vancouver families. Many BCFFC camp dates fill up fast so to avoid processing delays, make sure you have your current CPF membership in place!
Our Chapters – A Strong Community Base
Local chapters represent our thousands of members, giving us a strong voice at all levels of government.
- Organize extra-curricular French language activities and events such as film festivals, reading clubs, field trips, winter carnivals, spring break and summer camps
- Provide information and resources for parents and children
- Work with school districts, principals, and teachers; represent parents on French Advisory Committees
- Recognize student success through awards, gift exchanges, and local public speaking competitions
- Welcome new volunteers and new ideas
Find a chapter near you!
Get involved by either joining your local chapter team or by starting a chapter yourself!
Just scroll through the “Chapters” tab at the top right of our homepage (bc-yk.cpf.ca) to find a chapter near you — or get in touch with the CPF BC & Yukon Branch Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
778.329.9115 or 1.800.665.1222
Connect with us!
Follow our blog and our social media channels for current information on:
- Chapter meetings and local events
- Sponsored youth events and opportunities
- Resources, research, and tools for students, parents, educators, and French Second Language advocates
- French-language exchanges and excursions in Canada and abroad
- Local, regional, and national networking opportunities
- Volunteer leadership and training such as board and committee positions, informational webinars, skills-building workshops, etc.
- Awards, bursaries, and recognition for youth, educators and volunteers
CPF NORTH VANCOUVER (your local chapter)
CPF BC & YUKON (Provincial Branch)
CPF NATIONAL (National Office)