|• Summer French Camps||• Community|
|• Movies||• Television|
|• Libraries||• Workbooks and Magazines|
|• Games||• Online activities|
|• Music||• Other cool sites|
French summer camps offer opportunities for children to practice their French while engaging in all kinds of exciting activities. Teachers often notice that children are more willing to speak in French if they have attended a camp in French over the summer.
- Interactive Mapping Tool for French-language businesses in BC
- Self-Guided History of Francophonie tours: Thompson-Okanagan and Fraser River
- CJFCB (Francophone Youth Council of British Columbia)
- La Francophonie au Canada (Discovery game)
- Summer Reading Clubs… ask your librarian for a list of French books for your child’s Reading Record!
- Check out French e-books in the Tumblebooks online library – many libraries offer free access
- Borrow French films on DVD, such as Ernest et Celestine, Belle et Sebastien, Louis Cyr, Le Coq de St Victor. Or watch any animated English-language with French subtitles or dubbing!
- Je révise en vacances Workbook specially designed for summer enrichment
- Foule de mots
- Cahier grammaire jeunesse
- Kayak magazine (Canadian history presented in a comic-book style)
- Les Débrouillards magazine (fun science magazine for younger kids)
- GéoAdo (fun science magazine for teens)
- Origami Game (Make French a part of your life)
- 30 Day Challenge from French for the Future
- Mille Bornes (classic French card game)
- Ti-Joe Connaissant parcourt le monde
Or play word and number games you already own – Scrabble, Bananagrams, Uno, Boggle etc – en français!
- Zone Jeunesse Radio-Canada’s interactive youth website
- Spend the Summer with MiniTFO (list of interactive and educational French programming)
- Le Petit Champlain a free app for little explorers to learn about Samuel de Champlain’s life in a fun way
- Les Jeux de Lulu
- Ici Musique (Radio-Canada)Scroll down for the Coin des Petits “webradio”
- Dans l’air du tempsLearn about popular French-Canadian music over the decades
- Chanter avec Mini (Karaoke style!)
- Chansons traditionelles (iPad app)
- Older kids can check out popular French-Canadian bands like Malajube, Karkwa, Les Cowboys Fringants and many more!
- Québec Original A compelling and feature-packed website showcasing Québec culture and geography
- La Tablette de Champlain What if Samuel de Champlain had access to a digital tablet?
- OffQc | Quebec French Guide For lovers of French and diehard fans of all things québécois!
- Google Night Walk In Marseille Explore the sounds, streets and soul of Marseille on this immersive digital night walk
- Parc Astérix Check out this theme park based on the classic comic strip!