FREE FRENCH FILM NIGHT:
April 17, 2019 at Cousteau School
Click here to register
This is a FREE event (please register ➡️ here) for families & children that is being organized by CPF North Vancouver; Cousteau, The French International School of Vancouver & REEL Canada.
➡️ CLICK HERE to register (Free Event)
DATE: Wednesday, April 17, 2019
TIME: Doors open 6:00pm, film starts at 6:30pm
LOCATION: Cousteau School, 3657 Fromme Road, North Vancouver Map
🍿 Bring a cushion & some spare change to buy some popcorn and a treat!
APRIL CHAPTER MEETING:
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Argyle Secondary School (in the library) Map
The CPF North Vancouver Executive Committee meets once a month during the school year. Everyone is welcome to attend. Come find out more about upcoming events, workshops, grants and volunteer opportunities!
Please note, you do not need to speak French to attend CPF chapter executive board meetings or volunteer with the organization! The goal of CPF is to support parents in their efforts to support their children’s French-Second-Language learning!
BECOME A CPF MEMBER
As a CPF member you are taking an active part in the educational and personal growth of your children and your community!
- Learn how to support your children as they learn French, even if you don’t speak French
- Find French educational resources, and research on second language learning
- Create social opportunities for your children to experience and use their French
Find out more membership benefits and info here: cpfnorthvan.ca/joincpf/
Canadian Parents for French (CPF) is a national, not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to the promotion and creation of French-second-language learning opportunities for young Canadians.
The goal of the North Vancouver chapter is to enhance your child’s educational experience by providing enriching extra-curricular activities, French resources for the classroom, student leadership opportunities as well as information and support for parents.
- We organize all kinds of fun events and activities – including film festivals, public speaking competitions, parent workshops, winter carnivals and performances by French-speaking artists
- We work in partnership with teachers, administrators and District staff to help create unique learning experiences both in and outside of the classroom
- We deliver information through a CPF presence at several District events focused on educating parents and students about FI programs in our schools.
- We recognize student success with awards and certificates at Concours d’art oratoire competitions and graduation events
- We coordinate applications for CPF BC & Yukon’s Sociocultural Grant program which supports bringing French-language events to schools
- We maintain an online presence to share resources and information via our website and social media accounts
- We are part of a network of more than 8,500 members in BC and the Yukon who are continually advocating for high quality French programs for students from Kindergarten to Grade 12
CPF BC & Yukon’s website contains extensive French-second-language (FSL) tools and resources for parents, students, educators, and anyone else seeking assistance. Whether you’re looking for information on FSL education in Canada, activities to assist your child in his or her studies, or tools to assess and improve your school’s FSL performance, CPF can help point you in the right direction.
- Homework Help
- French activities
- Resources for Educators
- Francophone Cultural Resources
- Tutoring/French courses for students & parents
Here are some photos from past events such as Film Fest, Concours d’art oratoire, Braemar’s winter Carnaval, Grade 12 graduation events and more!